Admission is open throughout the year.
candidate should have passed Class 10 or equivalent from a recognized Board or Institution.
Passed Senior Secondary Examination under 10+2 scheme of a recognized Board or an Examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto or has passed National Diploma in Commerce Examination held by the All India Council for Technical Education or any State Board of Technical Education under the authority of the said All India Council, or the Diploma in Rural Service Examination conducted by the National Council of Higher Education.
- At least four months prior to the month in which examination is held.
- Accordingly, the time line for Foundation Course are:
4 papers & All papers are of Objective Type -
- Fundamentals of Economics & Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Fundamentals of Law & Ethics
- Fundamentals of Business Mathematics & Statistics
- Examination is conducted 4 times in each calendar year, (i.e. March, June, September, December)
- EXAMINATION FEES WITH ICAI - Rs. 1200/-
Last date for submission of application for appearing in the examination
- For March Examination: 1st Week of Jan.
- For June Examination: 1st Week of May.
- For Sept. Examination: 1st Week of Aug.
- For Dec. Examination: 1st Week of Nov.
Medium of Examination:
The Institute allows facility to students to appear in examination in English as well as in Hindi.
A candidate is declared to have passed the Foundation examination, if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects. Negative marking for wrong answer is not applicable.
- For Sept. Exams: Batch starts from Current year of April month (1st week).
- For Dec. Exams: (a) Batch starts from Current year of April month (1st week).
- (b) 2nd Batch starts from current year of July month (1st week).
- For March Exams: Batch starts from previous year of Oct. month (1st week).
1.1 Which Rules govern maintenance of cost accounting records and cost audit as per
Section 148 of the Companies Act, 2013?
The Central Government issued Companies (Cost Records and Audit) Rules, 2014 on June 30, 2014. Subsequently, it issued Companies (Cost Records and Audit) Amendment Rules, 2014 on December 31, 2014. The Amendment Rules has introduced certain changes to the original Rules issued on June 30, 2014. The Companies (Cost Records and Audit) Rules, 2014 read with the Amendment Rules 2014 are now applicable and governs the maintenance of cost accounting records and cost audit as per Section 148 of the Companies Act, 2013.
1.2 What is the applicability of the Companies (Cost Records and Audit) Rules, 2014 and what is the date on which it becomes effective and applicable?
a) The Rules have classified sectors/industries under Regulated and Non-Regulated sectors. The sectors/industries covered under Table A of the Rules are under the Regulated Sector and sectors/industries covered under Table B are under the NonRegulated Sector.